While your smartphone or tablet comes with an Android email app installed, it may not be entirely suitable for your needs. However, you may find it difficult to select a replacement once you start investigating the many possibilities. Email apps for Android come in many different guises from the general-purpose model customization options and AI features that boggle the mind. To help you differentiate and make your choice here’s a rundown of five of the most popular.
Easy to use with multiple account support and spam blocking
The primary objective of the Gmail app is to provide an organized, time-saving general purpose app for sending and receiving email messages on your phone or tablet. This is done by organizing your inbox in separate categories for social and promotional messages enabling you to get at those from friends and social or business correspondents first.
You are able to set up any IMAP or POP email accounts in addition to your Gmail account, spam gets blocked before it reaches you and you get 15 GB of free storage enabling lots of message space.
2- Microsoft Outlook: Organize Your Email & Calendar
Interconnected email accounts and calendars for convenience and productivity
More than simply an email app for Android, Outlook is your partner for business activity with a powerful inbox enabling convenient management of messages on multiple accounts and calendars as well as file access.
- Email accounts, calendars, contact list and files all in one place
- Direct access to calendars and files from your inbox
- Integration with Microsoft Office apps including OneDrive
- Customizable calendar tools
- Easy inbox management, swipe gestures, and filters
- Ability to organize, share and coordinate calendars
- Travel dates, bill payment, delivery information at your fingertips with automatic calendar updating
- Inbox organization places important messages and conversation upfront
- Enterprise-grade security to protect you from online threats and keep email calendars and contacts safe
Microsoft Outlook Android email app helps you to seamlessly manage work and play with email accounts integrated with contact lists, files, and calendars.
3- Yahoo Mail – Organized Email
The ultra-organized Android email app with easy attachment viewing
Yahoo Mail is the email app for Android that enables you to organize all your email accounts in one place with custom settings, notifications, and different colors. It makes almost everything easy to do – right down to providing all subscriptions on a single screen so that you can unsubscribe from junk mail or spam with a single tap.
Customization options are easy, too. You can drag your most used folder icons to the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen for ultimate convenience and select themes, sounds, and swipes to make the app reflect your personality. Attachments view saves you searching through your various accounts and folders for photos sent to you, and travel view keeps flight info upfront.
If you’re into keeping on top of deals at your favorite stores, this is the app that keeps you fully up to date with real-time notifications. You’ll have deals view and receipts view, too. Yahoo Mail highlights human-generated email so you can avoid the robots, has great accessibility features and 1000 GB storage space.
4- Samsung Email
Seamless management of business and personal email accounts
The Samsung Android email app provides Exchange ActiveSync (or EAS) integration for business, S/MIME encryption, and spam management in addition to easy management of both business and personal email accounts. For business use, you are able to synchronize with Exchange Server for managing calendars and contacts. The app also enables organizations to administer specific policies.
At the personal level, you have customizable features allowing you to combine mailboxes, schedule synchronization and set up notifications. You have the convenience of having all your accounts in an app that provides a thread view for reading conversations and other related mail.
5- Email Blue Mail – Calendar & Tasks
Elegance in intuitive, easy to use design with integrated calendar
Blue Mail is positioned as the perfect replacement for the default Android email app on your device. The highly attractive unified interface makes it easy to set up all your various accounts and sync the inboxes to allow you to see all your mail on one screen with filtering options to read what you need to first.
- Put all your accounts in one place with full support for all webmail providers, IMAP, POP3, and EAS, with auto-configuration to synchronize everything to a unified Interface with push mail and integrated calendar.
- Get enhanced features including Unified Folders, People Toggle, Group Mail, Share Mail, Clusters, Spam Management and notification options.
- Enjoy a visually appealing app with day and night modes, swipe menu, sender images, logos, and quick recognition icons and lots more.
Installing BlueMail ensures you of having an intuitive and easy to use email app for Android which fully protects your privacy with direct server communication, industry-leading encryption, and lock screen ability.