Dropbox is a media storage area in the cloud (cloud) and a means for synchronization between devices, most files in the form of pictures, music, videos, documents, programs and applications that you can upload there. By utilizing cloud storage services, you can upload files wherever and whenever and backup and restore data from various types of devices with various platforms.
Besides functioning as a cloud storage media dropbox can also be used for file sharing. When a file is changed, everyone who is inspected on the file will be able to immediately see changes in real time, like sharing a file over a LAN / WiFi network, the difference is that the dropbox uses an internet network so even though we are in different places we can still work together.
Use of Dropbox
- As a very safe storage tool
- File sharing can be used
- We are not bothered buying and carrying a flash or external hard drive because wherever we go the files we store can be accessed as long as we are connected to the internet.
- Can be used as web hosting. For those of you who want to have a website / blog but want to stay free, don’t worry because we can use Dropbox as web hosting.
- Dropbox is available on Windows, Linux and Mac so we can share files across the OS.
- Dropbox provides 2GB of free storage, if you need more storage then you can upgrade to the paid version