The “continue watching” section is the first thing you see when you open your favorite streaming service, and it often has a helpful list of series that you want to keep streaming…but it can also be filled with shows that you’ve given up on, or shows that you have completed but still show up because you didn’t finish enough of the credits.
It can be pretty annoying. Thankfully, you can fix your “continue watching” section for every major streaming service out there.
How to edit your viewing history on Netflix
To delete a show or movie from your “continue watching” section on Netflix, you’ll also need to remove it from your viewing history. This is only possible from the Account settings on the Netflix website.
- Open the Netflix website in your browser (desktop or mobile), and log in with your account.
- Click the Profile icon from the top-right corner and choose the “Account” option.
- In the “My Profile” section, select your profile (if your account has multiple profiles), and click the “Viewing Activity” option.
- Find the movie or the TV show that you want to hide, and click the Hide button (a circle with a line running through it). If you want to hide the entire series, click the “Hide Series” button.
How to edit the “Keep Watching” section on Hulu
Removing a show from Hulu’s watch history will also remove it from the “Keep Watching” section. Thankfully, that’s easily done.
- Open the Hulu website in your browser, and navigate to the “Keep Watching” section.
- Hover over a thumbnail of the movie or the TV show that you want to hide and click the “X” button to remove it from your watch history.
- Click the “Done” button to complete the process.
How to edit your viewing history on HBO Max
HBO Max has a separate section from “continue watching” that you can edit directly from your browser or mobile app.
- Open the HBO Max website in your browser and log in with your account.
- Click the Menu button in the top-right corner, and choose the “Continue Watching” option.
- Click the “Edit” button from the Continue Watching section.
- All titles will now have a Remove button. Click the “Remove” button from the title that you want to hide from this list.
- If you want to remove all titles, click the “Clear All” button. Once you’re done, click the “Done” button to save your edits.
How to edit your viewing history on Amazon Prime Video
You can remove “continue watching” items from the Account Settings section in Amazon Prime Video.
- Open the Amazon Prime Video website in your browser and log in with your account.
- Click the Profile button in the top-right corner and choose the “Account and Settings” page.
- After signing in to your Amazon account, go to the “Watch History” tab.
- Find the movie or TV show that you want to hide, and click the “Delete movie from Watch History” or “Delete episodes from Watch History” option.
How to edit your viewing history on Disney Plus
Disney+ has a “continue watching” feature, but there’s no option for editing such a list. Once you start watching a movie or a TV show, it will show up here.
The only way to remove it from “continue watching” is to finish it off. Yes, it’s archaic, but until Disney+ adds a feature for editing watch history, this is the only option.
Just open the movie or TV show that you want to remove from the watch list, and fast forward all the way to the end. Let it finish and once that’s done, it will be removed from the list (for a TV show, do this for the last episode).
How to edit the “Up Next” section on Apple TV+
The TV app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac makes it really easy to remove movies and TV shows from the “Up Next” section.
- Open the TV app on your device, and go to the “Watch Now” tab.
- Here, locate the movie or TV show that you want to hide. If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, tap and hold the media cover. If you’re on a Mac, hover over the media cover, and click the three-dotted Menu button.
- Now, choose the “Remove from Up Next” option.
The movie or TV show will disappear from the Up Next section on all your devices.
How to edit your viewing history on Paramount+
While Paramount+ is a relatively new streaming service, it does have a feature for editing your “continue watching” list.
- Open the Paramount+ website, log in with your account, and find the Keep Watching List section.
- In the top-right corner of the Keep Watching List section, click the “Edit” button.
- You will now see circles on every title in the list. Select the titles that you want to hide, and click the “Remove” button in the upper-right corner.