The Easiest Way to Remove Malwarebytes on Mac OS
The simplest way to uninstall Malwarebytes from a Mac is to use the apps built-in uninstaller:
- Open the Malwarebytes app on the Mac, found in the /Applications folder
- Pull down the “Help” menu and choose “Uninstall Malwarebytes”
- Choose “Yes” when asked if you want to completely remove Malwarebytes from the Mac
- Authenticate with the admin password to uninstall Malwarebytes
This is the preferred method for removing Malwarebytes from Mac. It’s easy and relatively fast, and you have to delete every Malwarebytes component from the computer without having to do anything else.
However there are other options that might be needed if the main application has been removed, but other Malwarebytes components remain in the system.
How to uninstall / remove Malwarebytes with a Script (if the application does not exist, does not work, etc.)
If for some reason deleting Malwarebytes does not work, or perhaps you already deleted the primary Malwarebytes application and so you no longer have the capability to use the built-in uninstaller function, another is available using a free removal script from Malwarebytes. Here’s how that works:
- Download the Malwarebytes uninstaller script from
- Launch the “Uninstall MWB” tool from the Downloads folder
- Choose “Yes” when asked if you wish to remove all components of Malwarebytes from the Mac
When finished, Malwarebytes will have been deleted and all components uninstalled from the Mac.