1- Download Windows 10 using Update Assistant
If you are already using Windows on your system, this is the easiest method to upgrade to the latest version right now. The update assistant does not download the ISO file for you, it will upgrade your Operating System to the latest version automatically. You need to have an active internet connection until the update assistant completes the process.
Follow the steps given below to upgrade your Operating System.
- Download Windows Update Assistant from here [6 MB]
- Run the executable and click on the Update Now button.
- The assistant will check the compatibility of the latest Windows version with your hardware. This should be fine if you are using a modern PC.
- Click the Next button to start the download. It will take some time for the download to complete and then installation will start automatically.
The system may ask you to restart to proceed with the installation.
2- Download Windows 10 using the Windows Media Creation Tool
If you want to do a new installation of Windows 10 then you can download the Windows 10 Windows Media Creation tool. This will automatically download Windows and create a bootable media like USB or DVD for you. The media creation tool acts as a Windows 10 download tool plus a bootable USB builder. You can perform a clean install as well as upgrade your current installation.
Follow the steps below:
- Download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool from here: Latest Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC. The first option for Upgrade PCs will now do the same thing as Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant.
- Select Language, Edition and Architecture from the next screen.
- Select the installation media or if you haven’t plugged in the USB flash drive or DVD, you may download the bootable ISO file.
3- Download Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft without Media Creation Tool
Here, we will discuss how to download Windows 10 ISO directly without Media Creation Tool. This method is useful especially when you want to download the ISO in any other language of choice other than English.
The supported languages include the following:
- English (United States)
- English (United Kingdom)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- French (Canada)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Chinese (Traditional)
Let’s first understand the logic. Microsoft’s media creation tool is only for Windows. If you open the same page using another device like Android, macOS, etc., Microsoft will give you the download links. We can trick Microsoft into thinking that we are not using Windows. This can be done if we are using Google Chrome, Firefox or even Safari. We will only discuss how to do this in Chrome and Firefox only.
For Chrome, follow the instructions below:
- Open Microsoft Windows 10 download webpage on Google Chrome.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + i to open the Inspect panel
- Press the three vertical dots icon in the top right corner of the inspect window.
- Go to More Tools –> Network Conditions.
- Under User Agent, uncheck select automatically.
- The above steps will enable a drop-down list just below the checkbox. Select anything other than Windows. For example, I chose Chrome OS.
- Without closing the inspect panel, hit the reload button or press F5. This will re-open the same Windows 10 download page but with a drop-down menu to select the edition of Windows ISO you want to download.
- Select the edition of Windows 10 to download (normally the top one which is the latest) and press the Confirm button.
- Next, you will need to select the product language. Choose which language you want to download the ISO in and click the Confirm button.
- You will be provided with two buttons on the next screen.
Click on the appropriate link and the download will start immediately.
Please note that these download links will only be valid for 24-hours only. So you need to complete the download process before the expiration time.
If you are using Firefox, you can use the user agent switcher addon to change the user agent.